02 January 2010

I rubbed my eyes and the calendar said January 2010

This blog appears every time I open internet explorer, but I just realized that my last post was February 2009. That was 10 months ago. What a year it was. I won't type a long summary of 2009, but let me just say that we hit some major bumps in our lives. On to 2010!

I may be the only follower of my own blog, but if you happen to read my posts from time to time, you'll remember that I challenged myself to a triathlon last year. I am happy to report that I finished four and added a few 5ks in for fun. I was one proud athlete. The problem with signing up for so many was I was physically exhausted most days. I have decided that in 2010 I would continue on my path to keeping active and healthy, but my body has kindly asked that I not do so much. I will do longer, more challenging races, just fewer of them. So far I have one triathlon planned in August and a 1/2 marathon in June. Having taken the last three weeks of December off from training, I am excited to be back in the gym as of this morning.

I don't like making too many resolutions, because I must be 100% dedicated to them in order for me to complete them, but I do have many 'must dos' in 2010. I will share a few:
  • Post at least three days a week (with training schedules and diet goals)

  • Relearn how to sew and continue my knitting

  • Enroll the kids in Girl/Boy Scouts

  • Be a better recylcer.

  • Save $2,000

  • Use less bad language.

I am currently purging closets, drawers and storage boxes. A clean slate for the new year.

No comments: