13 February 2009

My hubby the carnivore

The challenge is getting harder by the day. Why? Well because, I enjoy eating meat. If the doctor told me no more red meat, fish or chicken for the rest of my life, I think I'd rather dive off the Key Bridge with a bloody fillet in my hand! I'm enjoying the tofu and the added vegetables, but preparing two meals where the aroma of grilled meat in the kitchen makes it cheating very easy.

I HAVE NOT cheated, but watching KG eat his meal while smiling with satisfaction is just breaking my heart. I know the pluses to living a 'green' lifestyle, but why can't tofu be just a bit more tasty. Two evenings ago, I pulled out pork chops from the freezer. They were breaded and baked and looked so scrumptious.

I'm trying to find some more vegetarian recipes. I just don't know if I can do another night of sauteed veggies. My FB friends have been sending me suggestions. I'm still in my research phase of this challenge.
-------------

Day 4 -5

Breakfast - Yogurt and granola
Lunch - Hummus w/ veggies & pita chips
Dinner - Leftover couscous
Snack - an entire bag of Hanover's baked cheese curls (I couldn't help myself there!)

No comments: