14 October 2007

Pumpkins


On a beautiful Sunday afternoon, Grandma Busardo & I took the twins to a local farm for some pumpkin picking. As a child, I used to travel to this farm as part of my elementary school's annual fall field trip. We would giddily ride in our big yellow school bus through the back roads of Fairfax County. Today, this part of Northern Virginia is a sprawling community with $2M housing developments. I am pleased that this farm has remained, so I can share it with my children.

This farm is so popular it took us 20 minutes just to turn into the parking lot. The line of cars stretched a mile down Braddock Road. Once we paid our entrance fee, there were so many activities - live animals, slides, corn mazes, & hayrides. And of course - pumpkins, pumpkins & more pumpkins.

We had such a fun day! John milked a cow. Kathryn identified a mommy pig with "Look a pig - oink, oink". John & I slid down a hay slide. John & Kathryn both got to pet a baby calf. The day concluded with a hayride w/ Crazy Joe as our tracker driver. As we exited the farm we all received a mini pumpkin. We plan on adding them to our front stoop pumpkin collection. Please enjoy some photos from today.

No comments: